Sunday, November 13, 2016

Why This Blog?

   Why am I starting this blog? As I grow older, I see the lines between what does matter and what doesn't matter changing.  There is just so much ugliness and crass tastelessness all around us, I say it's time to focus on what's good, what's beautiful, what's cool, what's sweet, what's calming, what's right about this life here on earth. The alternative is plunging into despair, rage, and desensitivity.
   So I'm going to be sharing a few moments in your day a bright spot or two to kind of forget, if but for a minute, all the stress and strife we're bombarded with. I'll be writing about things I love, and things I'm sure we all love. Simple things. Good things that maybe we're so caught up in the the daily drama, we no longer notice, or take the time to enjoy.
   Nothing really deep here, just talking about what makes us feel good: what we love about life. My wife says, "Life is beautiful!" and so it is. Sometimes we have to look for it, but more often it drops from heaven like the dew on the grass. Fresh beauty every day, and that's what I want to bring to your attention. Surely you've heard the expression, "Stop and smell the roses"? It's not, "Stop and feel the thorns."

And so I launch this blog. We welcome your comments, reflections, recollections and recommendations! Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the simple thing.
    Just want to say What a beautiful Moon tonight.

    ReplyDelete